Noted Santa Clarita CPA to Provide Important Information To Agents
Martin Rodriguez, Senior Loan Consultant and Branch Manager for Surety Financial will host a special presentation on Thursday, November 14th at 12:30PM that will include information on tax strategies from Trevor Rice, CPA and CVA from Stern, Kory, Sreden & Morgan Accountancy Corporation.
Topics during the presentation will include:
- Should you incorporate?
- Should you buy, or lease, a car?
- Home office deductions
- Should you employ your spouse and kids?
- And more… Continue reading
KW VIP Co-Owner To Lend His Years Of Experience To Show Real Estate Agents How To Plan For Success
Agents attending the event will have the opportunity to understand what it takes to prepare their real estate careers through the following topics:
- How to achieve a better and more profitable 2014
- Experience first hand what KWVIP Top Producers are doing to achieve success
- Discuss how to prepare a 2014 business plan
- Suggestions and discussion in an effort to help agents determine their own paths to success Continue reading
With all of the modern marketing conveniences available to real estate agents, how important is door knocking in this day and age?
Websites, mobile apps, email, social media…All have become marketing staples for real estate agents in the 21st century. Even mailers (IE: Snail mail) are still somewhat a viable option for agents looking to attract attention for buyers and sellers. What about door knocking? Many agents grimace at the thought of actually going out into a neighborhood and knocking on doors as a means of marketing their level of service. After all, who likes to be bothered by someone unexpectedly showing up at their door, right?
Tracy Tofte, of Patrick Lopez & Associates sees it differently. She finds that door knocking is still very much a viable part of her overall marketing strategy in going after listings. “It is the face to face that we see less of these days,” Tofte says. “It’s taking the extra effort to go out of my way to bring them something of value. It is a very ‘casual’ touch of being ‘in the neighborhood’ and puts a stronger face with a name that a mailer or FB post cannot do.”
Door knocking sets you apart from other real estate agents.
While there are many pluses to the modern technological advances made in today’s real estate marketing, they still don’t easily let potential clients know exactly WHO the agent is. No matter how diverse your marketing materials may be, until a buyer or seller gets to know you, you’re just one of many. Going “face to face” may be a bit daunting at first, but is one of the most effective ways that may lead directly to your next listing. Tracy recalls her early days out in the neighborhoods: Continue reading
Business Planning Fundamentals will provide agents with a successful path to 2014.
On Tuesday, October 15th Patrick Lopez, Co-Owner of Keller Williams VIP Properties and head of Patrick Lopez and Associates will hold a
Business Planning Fundamentals clinic beginning at 12:30PM.
Real estate agents who are serious about their career will want to attend and learn what they can do to plan for a successful 2014. Topics of discussion will include:
- Why develop a plan for 2014?
- How to develop a business plan for 2014
- What is your conversion ratio? More importantly, WHY you need to know!
- How our team tracks their numbers
There are approximately 8.760 hours in a year! Hopefully you choose to invest one and a half hours in this event to help you grow your business and win!
Lunch will be provided for those in attendance.
Mobile technology has been a boon to real estate agents in the last decade or so. While some may feel that we’re TOO connected with all of the modern gadgetry that’s available, for the hard working realtor, mobile devices provide a level of efficiency and time management never before imagined.
That being said, there may be a method to the madness of making sure your communication modes work properly so that you can continue to be efficient and productive. With the soaring popularity of Apple products such as the iPad and iPhone, agents have the opportunity of taking their business with them wherever they go. To that end, you want to make sure that the most important method of communication in the 21st century, email, works properly. Continue reading
No more “double ending” FHA short sale transactions beginning October 1st, 2013.
In a move made by the HUD (Department of Housing & Urban Development) Inspector General to combat fraud and abuse in the FHA Pre Foreclosure Sale process, new guidelines and requirements will be effective beginning October 1st that will affect both mortgage loan servicers and real estate agents alike.
A letter to mortgage servicers, penned by HUD’s Assistant Secretary for Housing-Federal Housing Commissioner Carole Galante lays out details regarding new policies issued by the Inspector General which tightens restrictions on the eligibility process for homeowners facing foreclosure who are looking to short sell their home. For loan servicers, policy changes include tighter controls on:
- Deficit Income Test (DIT)/Documentation Requirement for Standard PFS Transactions
- Supporting Documentation for the DIT
- Calculating Cash Reserve Contributions for Standard PFS Transactions
- Imminent Default for Standard PFS Transactions Only
- Streamlined Eligibility Requirements for PFS and Deed-in-Lieu (DIL)
- Eligible Properties for Streamlined PFS and DIL
- Appraisal Validation Requirements for PFS Transactions
- Owner/Occupant Mortgagor Incentive for Successful PFS Sale
- Disclosure Requirements for all PFS and DIL Transactions
- Addendum forall PFS Transactions
- Reporting to Credit Bureaus
- Anti-Fraud Requirements for PFS Transactions
- PFS Participation Requirements
- Previously Initiated Foreclosures
- Liquidation Requirements
- Information Collection Requirements Continue reading
Follow these steps to activate your agent mobile property search application.
Mobile technology has come a long way(How many agents carried around “the brick” back in the late 80′s?). Now with the advent of smartphones and tablet devices, buyers and sellers have become much more savvy in their search for information, especially when it comes to home prices and availability of inventory.
Recently, KW launched it’s agent mobile property search app, which, once activated and installed, allows your clients to search YOUR website for listings straight from their mobile device. If you have not activated your mobile app, here are step-by-step instructions. Continue reading